Poppy (Papaver somniferum) is an annual plant that reaches a height 30-120 cm. The rounded leaves have a son hue. The colors are white to purple. Wild species are found mainly in wheat fields. When the color pretsafti remains capsule surrounded by many stigmas in the shape of a star. Poppy seeds are like small grains of wheat. Western type popping gives dark blue seeds and eastern (Indian) - white. Both types of seeds are in the shape of a kidney. Blue long about 1 mm. And white - on - small. The taste is similar and interchangeable. The taste is soft and slightly resembles that of nuts, with light sweet and savory threads. Poppy seed grind extremely difficult.
- In the bakery used whole or crushed seeds. For use in baking goods and decoration.
- Used in salads and various pasta, pre-baked or stayed in hot water for more than three hours.
- Syrup western type of poppy seed has analgesic and expectorant action.
- Eastern types have a strong narcotic effect.
- Gargling with infusion of poppy seeds helps with toothache.
Packing: 25 kg.